Close co-operation between mechanical and electronic
Twin Mode doors are manufactured using a double sheet steel structure which is insulated and reinforced with vertical omega manganese steel stiffeners, a high security multi-point locking system and Euro profile cylinder and, additionally a secondary cylinder.
Available in a variety of sizes both standard and customised, the full range of Torterolo & Re panels is available to ensure a comprehensive product range.
Security: Class 4 (ENV 1627)
Acoustic Insulation: Rw 37dB (RW 40dB and 42 dB with additional kit)
Thermal insulation: U= 1.8W / m2K (until U= 1.5 with additional kit)
Examples of Twin Mode installations:
- Structure – double galvanised steel sheet (12/10 outer and 10/10 inner) reinforced with internal vertical omega cut-resistant stiffeners in manganese steel
- Insulation – fireproof material within the door carcase
- Hanging side – two robust adjustable welded hinges (with the option for three hinges if specified) and five dog bolts
- Lock protection plate
- Adjustable keep for latch bolt
- Panel keeper (door leaf edges) with brown finish (option for RAL colours or stainless steel)
- Soft rubber gasket for sealing in between door leaf and door jambs (sealing against dust, noise and air)
- ‘Standard’ range of door furniture (available in different finishes and colours)
- Door limiter (door check)
- Wide angled door view
- Adjustable drop seal in base
Frame and Subframe
Range of frames and integral subframes of rolled 2mm steel plate finished with powder coated dark brown (RAL colour finishes also available including different colours internally and externally). Other than standard frames, other versions are available to meet different architectural and building requirements from new structures to renovation and refurbishments.
High Security Multipoint Locking with Euro Profile Cylinder and Electronic Identification Transponder
The security lock utilises a Torterolo & Re Prestige cylinder for concurrent operation of two double locking bolts at the base, three in the centre and two at the top on the door leaf; the lock itself has a central shaft that is hardened to resist cutting, individual bolts of die cast toughened steel and a gearing system that ensures a smooth operation and minimises pressure on the key.
To complement the mechanical lock, the Twin Mode has a transponder located within the key through which, following mechanical closure of the lock, it is possible to block the operation of the key thereby denying access to personnel who only have a mechanical key. The wireless operation of the Twin Mode affords exceptional protection – the low level signals of the system, combined with the Faraday Cage provided by the structure of the door, prevents interception of the operating signal.
Duplication of Prestige keys with transponders is only available through approved locksmiths on presentation of the original card bearing the unique key identification code.
As well as the entire range of “standard” Torterolo & Re panels, individually designed panels are often specified to ensure that customers’ requirements are met. The range of panels includes solid or machined, plain engineered wood finishes and aluminium – the possibilities are endless.
Variety and Flexibility
The following can readily be added to the Gold Plus series:
- Arched doors, both single and double
- Overhead fanlights with either solid or glazed panels (the latter can have decorative glazing including arched fanlights)
- Access control – an electrical strike to provide for controlled remote access
- Inward and outward openers
NOTES: Double door sets are limited to Class 3 (they are, however, engineered to Class 4 standards)